The Learning and Development specialist will partner with our Business Development Team, HR manager and Head of Operations, to ensure that those who join the department are provided with the appropriate training to be successful in their role, and to prepare them for the next one. You will be the key contact person for all training related activity for Bashlee and its clients.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
- Working with management, and the Business Development Team to understand desired training outcomes and translate them into learning and organizational development objectives for Bashlee’s clients and its employees.
- Lead the procurement and management of external vendor relationships, ensuring high-quality customisation and applicability of programmes delivered.
- Assist with defining learning solutions that support the functional requirements of the roles within Bashlee and for our clients.
- You’ll be a key contributor to the development of the HR strategy and planning process, taking responsibility for delivering key components of emerging objectives.
- You’ll use your understanding of industry and market trends to identify new approaches to L&D and be aware of changes in the workforce that may impact the organisation’s learning needs.
- You’ll be responsible for leading L&D in the use of various methods to deliver training, including classroom instruction, e-learning, and on-the-job training.
- You’ll apply adult learning theories to ensure every learner gets the best out of their development and design a range of learning interventions, including technical, behavioural and leadership programmes.
- You’ll also develop tools and resources that people can use to learn in ‘the flow of work’, ensuring the focus is on methods that drive learner engagement.
- Design and implements proactive communication plans to ensure that learning and development initiatives are communicated effectively to both internal and external learners.
- Maintain an inventory of training and organization development programs/tools and schedule their use according to management priorities.
- Evaluate training and organization development programs for effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitates both functional and workshop style courses in a learner-focused manner.
- This role requires traveling to training sites and out of hours engagement, depending on client need but will be communicated in advance.
- Senior L&D professional with a level 8 degree in HR, Learning & Development, Organisational Psychology, Organisational Development or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in L&D
- L&D experience in a recruitment or consulting firm
- Experience facilitating on the job training and/or classroom learning
- Ability to work on own initiative and be creative on the go.
- Commitment to adult learning principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Willingness and ability to elicit constructive feedback and provide feedback to others
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- A team player interested in working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Relentless attention to detail, high standards, and the ability to produce high quality deliverables
- strong business acumen, knowledge of future learning trends, and excellent communication and negotiation skills.